This recipe was submitted by our friend and customer, Sheldon Gardiner, whose light and fluffy sourdough loaves are legendary! Sheldon said that once he started adding our Fresh Roots Farm raw honey to his bread recipe, it provided the extra activity needed to feed the sourdough culture and create a robust bread loaf. He notes that as his skill and practice with sourdough have increased, he has slightly decreased the amount of flour used in this original recipe.
- 1 cup sourdough starter (recently proofed)
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 cups flour (usually organic white flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- approx. 2 Tbsp FRF raw honey
- Mix all ingredients in bowl or stand mixer, mix well.
- Let rise 6-8 hours at room temperature.
- Punch & form.
- Rise on counter another 2-3 hours
- Bake @ 350F for 45 minutes