Introducing the ‘Beef Box’ & ‘Lamb Box’: July 2019
We are excited to roll out a new purchasing option for our customers to source Grassfed Beef and Lamb, starting July 2019. Our ‘Meat Share’ Program will provide a great option for families who want to invest in a larger quantity of meat, but don’t have the capacity to store a large amount at one time. Plus, the cost and delivery of the beef and/or lamb are spread out over 6 months (July to December).
We are now taking subscription sign-ups for this program, but have limited spots available for this first ‘trial run’ for a meat subscription program. If you (and we) like how it goes, we may offer it again in 2020 to a broader number of people.
How it Works:
- Sign up via our Online Farm Store: Search “Meat Share” in our online store, and select your desired delivery location for July 25. By signing up for the July delivery, you are committed to receiving and paying for a box of beef or lamb each month from July to December. We ask for a $50 deposit upon signing up that will be returned to you upon completion of the program in December, or retained as store credit, if you wish.
- Pick up your ‘box’ once a month: Come to pick up your meat box at one of two available pick-up locations in Winnipeg, each month. The pick-up locations will change slightly: for example, July will be River Heights and East Kildonan; August will be St. James and St. Vital. (September will be back to River Heights/East K again, and so on, alternating). We will send reminders before each monthly pick-up, and charge a credit card or require payment via e-transfer about a week prior to delivery. Your box will contain a variety of beef or lamb that is selected by us, the farmers. By the end of 6 months, you will have received either a quarter beef (Beef Box) or a whole lamb (Lamb Box). See the scheduled pick-up dates, listed below.
- Enjoy healthy local food! We will enjoy the opportunity to see you once a month, giving you the chance to ask us questions and get recipe ideas on the cuts offered that month. By supporting our farm via the subscription model, you are helping provide us with stability in knowing we will have a set amount of sales for that month. Plus, when you choose to support our farm you are supporting our practices, which are based around ecological principles of soil regeneration, plant and microbial diversity, healthy grazing animals, and in general a model of local food economies that are crucial to preserve.
Delivery Schedule (July – December 2019)
Thursday, July 25: River Heights Community Centre, 4:30pm / East Kildonan (Kimberley & Henderson), 6:30pm
Thursday, August 22: St. James (Bourkevale Community Centre), 4:30pm / St. Vital (99 Barrington Ave), 6:30pm
Thursday, September 19: River Heights, 4:30pm / East Kildonan, 6:30pm
Saturday, October 19: St. James, 11:30am / St. Vital, 2:00pm
Saturday, November 16: River Heights, 11:30am / East Kildonan, 2:00pm
Saturday, December 21: St. James, 11:30am / St. Vital, 2:00pm
**If you are unable to pick up on any of these dates, we would ask that you make alternate arrangements for a friend or family member to pick-up your order for you. We will not refund / skip a month if you are unable to pick-up.
What You Get / Pricing:
Our Grassfed Beef Box is based on a Quarter Beef (Split Half), plus one of each type of sausage and burger patties. Approximatly 90 lbs meat & bone (frozen, cut & wrapped), divided into around 15 lbs meat per box/month. The monthly package of cuts will be selected by us, with variety and seasonality in mind (ie you will not receive one type of one cut all at once; more steaks in Summer, more roasts in Winter).
Over the 6 months, you will receive:
– Approx. 25 lbs (11 packages) in roasts (Cross-rib, Sirloin Tip, Inside Round, Outside Round, Eye of Round, Chuck)
– Approx. 25 lbs (25 packages) in steaks (Tenderloin, Ribeye, Striploin, T-Bone, Top Sirloin, Round, Tri-tip, Skirt, Flank, plus brisket and Hanger Steak)
– Approx. 5-6 lbs (2-3 packages) in Short Ribs
– Approx. 5-6 lbs (5-6 packages) in Stewing Beef
– Approx. 22 lbs (22 packages) in Ground Beef
– Approx. 5 lbs (5 x packages) of gluten-free sausages (one of each flavour), plus 1.75 lbs (1 package) of our pre-made burger patties.
– PLUS: 1 x package of Meaty Soup Bones, 2 x packages of Marrow/Knuckle Bones, 2 x packages of Liver.
– You will also receive a copy of “Cooking With Grassfed Beef” recipe book by Shannon Hayes with recipes from Nose to Tail, and a complimentary jar of our raw honey.
Total cost of the BEEF BOX is $780, or $130 per month for 6 months, plus $50 refundable deposit.
Our Grassfed Lamb Box is based on a Whole Lamb. Approximatly 30 lbs meat & bone (frozen, cut & wrapped), divided into around 5 lbs meat per box/month. The monthly package of cuts will be selected by us, with variety and seasonality in mind (ie you will not receive one type of one cut all at once; more grilling cuts in Summer, more roasts in Winter).
Over the 6 months, you will receive:
– Approx. 2 lbs (1 package) in shoulder roast
– Approx. 6-7 lbs (4 packages) in leg of lamb roasts
– Approx. 7 lbs (9-10 packages) in lamb chops
– Approx. 3.5-4 lbs (2 packages) in Rack of Lamb
– Approx. 2 lbs (2 packages) in Lamb Shanks
– Approx. 2 lbs (2 packages) in Lamb Kebab/Stew meat
– Approx. 5 lbs (5 packages) in Ground Lamb
– PLUS: 2 x packages of Meaty Lamb Neck Bones, 1 x package of Lamb Soup/Dog Bones, 1 x package of Liver.
– You will also receive a complimentary jar of our raw honey.
Total cost of the LAMB BOX is $390, or $65 per month for 6 months, plus $50 refundable deposit.
To sign up for either the ‘Beef Box’ or ‘Lamb Box’, or both, please select each item (search “Meat Share” in our online store) and select the desired item for delivery to River Heights or East Kildonan on July 25.
We are asking for people to sign up by July 18.
An example of all of the cuts contained in a Quarter Grassfed Beef (some of the cuts in the background are cut off from photo). Not pictured, but included in the Beef Box: one of each (5) gluten-free sausages, 1 x package of 6 gluten-free burger patties.
Pictured above is an example of the total cuts included in the Whole Grassfed Lamb. Ground lamb packages in the Lamb Box will be 5 instead of the 3 shown.