This is a customer recipe submission, care of our fantastic regular customer (and chef, coincidentally) Paul D. Audette. This is a great recipe with Fresh Roots Farm ground lamb, especially to be enjoyed during the summer days of “BBQ season”. He suggests serving this dish with additional lemon wedges, couscous or basmati rice, and fresh summer vegetables!
Recipe submitted by customer P.D. Audette
- CourseMain Dish
- CuisineBarbeque, Family Dinner, Grassfed Lamb, Mediterranean
Servings: 4-6 people
- 1 lb Fresh Roots Farm Grassfed Ground Lamb Order here (seasonal): www.freshrootsfarm.mb/order-food
- 3 Tbsp fine bread crumbs omit for GF version
- 1/2 onion small, diced
- 1 clove garlic fine dice
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp flat parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (Batavia)
- fresh lemon wedges for juice
- Mix all ingredients, except lemon juice, and form into small patties, about 6 of them.
- Place on medium hot griddle pan, or BBQ grill and cook about 4 min. Turn over and continue cooking.
- after 2-3 min. squeeze fresh lemon juice over each pattie and continue to cook until desired doneness, about 2-3 more min. Serve with additional lemon wedges, couscous or basmati rice, and fresh summer veg.
When in season (generally available December-May), Fresh Roots Farm ground lamb can be purchased as part of the following packages:
- Grassfed Lamb Taster Pack
- Grassfed Lamb Grilling Pack
- Half Grassfed Lamb
- Whole Grassfed Lamb