This recipe was submitted by our friend and customer, Adrienne Spring-Percy. Check out her great traditional foods website and resource at Traditional Wisdom, Modern Kitchen!
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter
- ½ cup Fresh Roots Farm raw honey
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4-5 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL: 1/8 c additional unsweetened shredded coconut, handful of crushed nuts, 1/4 c dark chocolate chips
- Lightly melt coconut oil
- Pour over peanut or almond butter,.
- Add unsweetened shredded coconut, honey, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour half of mixture into a 9×9 cake pan or a bread pan and use small spatula or spoon to spread out evenly.
- Place in fridge or freezer to harden.
- Mix cocoa powder into remaining mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt then pour this chocolate mixture on top of hardened, light fudge.
- To add extra decadence, you can sprinkle with chocolate chips, nuts and shredded coconut.
- Place back in freezer for 15 mins.
Store this fudge in the fridge…and enjoy the decadence!