All of our friends know that we have a deep love for hamburgers! (We even served them at our wedding!) Though the recipe isn’t strict by any means, here’s a guideline for our fave grassfed beef burgers. Note that our Fresh Roots Farm grassfed ground beef still contains adequate fat to sizzle on the grill and keep patties moist and contained!
- 2 lbs Fresh Roots Farm Grassfed Ground Beef Click here to order grassfed ground beef: http://freshrootsfarmmb.com/order-food/
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 red onion minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs optional, omit for gluten-free
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs eg. parsley, thyme, oregano, basil
- Place the thawed ground beef in a mixing bowl. Whisk together the egg, dijon mustard and Worchestershire sauce and mix with the garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil. Pour over ground beef, and add breadcrumbs, if using. Mix together with your hands until you have a lovely, burger-like consistency.
- The ideal patty is about 6 oz., shaped into 4 1/2″ circles, with 3/4″ thick on the outside and slightly less thick on the inside (this way the burgers will cook evenly).
- Slap those puppies on the pre-heated grill, and cook on medium-high heat (about 2-3 minutes per side) until the center is no longer pink in colour. If you’re really deluxe, toast your buns right on the grill.
- For a true Stozek-Schram-Burger, proceed to choose from a ridiculously large array of condiments (i.e. Schram’s 57 Ketchup, Honey Sass BBQ sauce, mustard, Billion Dolla Relish, pickled banana/jalapeno peppers, hot sauce, saurkraut). Then, stuff it in your face and enjoy!